All of our personal trainers have a four year degree in kinesiology or a related field and CSCS certifications
Coach Colin Gerritt
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of New Hampshire
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist from National Strength and Conditioning Association (current)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Weight Loss Specialist
- Pre-Natal and Post-Partum certified
- CPR/AED certified
- American College of Sports Medicine certified (2006-2010)
- South Nassau Communities Hospital, NY: cardiac rehabilitation program
- St. Francis Hospital, NY: cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation program
- Lowell General Hospital, MA: cardiac rehabilitation program, Electrocardiogram Technician, helped administer stress tests
- Tufts University Strength and Conditioning Coach, MA (volunteer/intern)
- Fitness Manager, NY
- Personal Trainer, NY and MA
Why health and fitness is my career
My calling for a career in health and fitness started at a very young age and before I even knew it. I had two very substantial influences throughout my childhood that started my path to a life in health and fitness.
I started playing sports as soon as I could run. I was ready to play any and every team sport there was. This was something that I always found to be very enjoyable, and then in my later high school years, I became very competitive and had a drive to win. I excelled in mid-distance track events that would lead me to all-state competitions in high school, as well as some time with a Division 1 collegiate track team.
My most influential experience from my childhood was my morbidly obese family. My father at his heaviest was over 350 lbs. It came down to my parents needing gastric bypass surgeries so they could live longer lives. I knew as a teenager I would never allow myself to be that way, and I would always try to help others stay away from such a fate. Watching anyone being limited in life by their weight is a hard thing to see, but when it’s your own family, it’s something you’ll never forget.
My life experience with both athletic determination and awareness of the struggles of weight loss has given me a balanced approach toward helping clients/athletes reach their goals, whether they are athletic dominance or a healthier lifestyle.
As the owner of Fit In New England, my passion is to deliver the best experience possible for all clients/athletes who walk through my doors. I only hire coaches with the same passion and vision to join the F.I.N.E. family. Hope you’ll make the next step and come meet the team!
Coach Bradley Drewek
- Bachelors of Science in Exercise and Sport Physiology from Plymouth State University
- CPR/AED Certified
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, Plymouth State University
- Collegiate Athlete at Plymouth State University, NH (Football)
- Youth Football Coach, Billerica MA
- Teaching Assistant for Strength and Conditioning, Plymouth State University, NH (volunteer)
Why health and fitness is my career
Heath and fitness has always been a huge part of my life without me even knowing it. My passion for sports has started at the age of 6, playing football, baseball, and wrestling. Although at the age, health and fitness was not my main concern, it was natural byproduct of being an athlete. My training goal was to achieve optimal performance throughout all three seasons. When I was 16 years old, I sustained an injury that sidelined my sports career. I was fortunate enough to have a former collegiate Strength Coach as a teacher. He was my first experience into proper techniques for rehabilitation and was an inspiration while he worked with me through recovery. At that moment, I was hooked! I knew I wanted to learn as much as possible about how to safely take people through protocols to reach their goals/optimum performance. I was very lucky to have my Coach as a mentor who made my dream come true of becoming a Collegiate Athlete.
My exprience, internal drive, and highly competitive nature, fueled my desire to not only become the best I could be on the field, but paved the way for my decision to become an Exercise Physiologist! I love knowing how to optimize human performance and my drive continues to motivate people to optimize theirs!